Friday, October 08, 2004

Sammy - Say it ain't so!

Guess the corked **pop** bat should have tipped me off, or the irritating two-step as he eyes the ball leaving the field, but I always thought Sammy was one of the good guys of the game, a team player. That's a short-enough list (Jeter and Schilling come to mind) as it is without losing one more.

The list just got shorter.

Last game of the year, no play-offs again, and Sosa takes himself out of the starting lineup, doesn't even dress out, and leaves early. Sounds like he didn't play to me!

I heard Sammy's original story was that he stayed until about 30 min. left in the game, but the security cameras caught his much-earlier exit.

Then again, it is the Cubs.

Read it here

And he's fighting the fine, too - just another OPUP athletes (Over Payed, Under Played)

My Way - Sports News

No comments: