Saturday, December 18, 2004

Majerus wobbles, has change of his very big heart

No sooner did Rick Majerus leave the press conference announcing his hiring as the Next Big Thing at Southern Cal (I hear they hate it when they're called "Southern Cal") than he began to have second thoughts about the whole deal. By playing the Health Card he is hoping to slip out of LA before the locals figure out that they've been duped....check out this clip from the aforementioned press conference just three days ago:


"The nicest thing is no one will ask me how soon you are going to leave here. I hope I die here. I hope I coach here for the rest of my life. I have no aspirations to go to pro ball. I hope to end my career here, but only after a long stint. I want to be here as long as they would want to have me." -- Rick Majerus


Way to go, Rick. Making it even worse was the praise Digger Phelps heaped on RM during halftime of our AZ/Marquette game, all but calling Majerus the annointed Messiah of PAC-10 basketball.

Gimme a freakin' break.

Read all about it.

No comments: